[PCB_FORUM] Cadence Library Issue

  • From: "Ritter, Alan" <Alan.Ritter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:54:37 -0500

Running 14.2, I found a problem where the correct "PRIMITIVE" isn't being
pulled from a chips.prt file as part of the compilation/packaging process.

If you look at the final PRIMITIVE in the chips.prt file, it is for
RELAYDPDT_RKA11DZ12.  However, the PRIMITIVE that gets pulled into the
pstchip.dat file is the first PRIMITIVE in the file, not the one referred to
by the PACK_TYPE property that is on the relays in the schematic.

Obviously, since the pinouts are different, the design doesn't exactly work
as intended...

Both the design and the library entry are "old", dating back 10 years or so.
Both have been through the chdl_uprev process from Allegro V12 to V13, and
further updated to 14.2, if that matters...

Anyone have any light to shed on this?  I've opened up a case with my
friendly local Cadence aps engineer...we'll see what they have to say...and
I'll try finding any useful references on sourcelink, but I figured if this
is a common problem, somebody out on the list has already solved it and can
chime in quicker than Cadence will...

/s/jar (alan.ritter@xxxxxxxxxx)
        http://www.mtritter.org

Bausch & Lomb
150 Years of Perfecting Vision, Enhancing Life (TM)

EMAIL DISCLAIMER

Please Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential, protected from disclosure, and/or intended only for the use of
the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering
disclosure, distribution, copying or other dissemination of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in
error, please immediately reply to the sender, delete the message and
destroy all copies of it.

Thank You