[PCB_FORUM] Re: [BULK] - Differential Pairs on 15.2

  • From: "Walter Boese Jr." <walterb@xxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:36:38 -0500

There is now a pin-delay property in Allegro 15.2.
That should do what you want.

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Peter_Sxrensen?= wrote:
I don't think you can setup an exact difference for a diff pair.
We use the uncoupled length, Gather control = ignore and then setup max mm and
phase tolerance.
On our chips the the general rule is that the trace should be equal lenght from
the BGA edge.
Another ways is to include the first peace of trace in the connector/chip
symbol.
Finally you can make a clength report including delay and import it into excel
to check the lengths

Hi
Peter Sxrensen
MTS Engineer
Ethernet Product Group
Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation
Location: Hxrkfr 16, 2730 Denmark
Tlf +45 4485-5996
Cell +45 4050-7098
Fax. +45 4485-5939

-----Original Message----- From: Musetti, Carl [mailto:cmusetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: 8. december 2004 15:48 To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [BULK] - [PCB_FORUM] Differential Pairs on 15.2

Hi All,

        Has anyone had to deal with differential pairs in 15.2 that are not
balanced out of the IC. The Mellanox
InfiniHost_III_MT25208 spec that the PCIX bus diff pairs are not balanced out
the chip and give the skews and states that the skew must be accounted for on
the PC layout to balance the pair completely end to end. How would I configure
this rule in allegro? For instance is there a way to tell the tool to route the
+ end 50 mils longer than - end?

Thanks for all replies in advance

Carl

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.

SUBSCRIBE: icu-jobs-forum-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxx
POST: icu-jobs-forum@xxxxxxxxxx

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.

Walter Boese, Jr. walterb@xxxxxxx Phone: 715-726-7432

Chatty Page: walterb_p@xxxxxxx
Pager Number: 1-877-209-0678

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.