[PCB_FORUM] Re: Auto Testprep

  • From: Kevin McCowan <kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 14:00:18 -0400

Ok. That makes sense. I see how you can use constraint areas
to assign different vias to different areas but since I
don't use testpoints I didn't realize that you need
this type of feature.

Thanks,
Kevin

Andrew Noonan wrote:
Kevin,
I think what Ed has shown us is an option to replace one via type with a
test-point via type. If you use a different via under BGA's compared to
the rest of your design, this will give you the flexibility to change
test point vias based on original via type. Although, I have to admit, I do like the idea of using a particular via
type in a physical area.

Andrew