[icu-pcb-forum] Re: Allegro Dynamic Shapes - Reduce clearance

  • From: Michael.Catrambone@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 08:20:05 -0500

Yep.. I tried that and it does not allow negative values.

Mike

Andy_Kulik@xxxxxxx@freelists.org on 04/06/2004 07:59:03 AM

Please respond to icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:    icu-pcb-forum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:    icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:
Subject:    [icu-pcb-forum] Re: Allegro Dynamic Shapes - Reduce clearance

Mike,
I don't think the tools are design to do what you need.
Have you tried using negative values for the oversize?

Andy

Michael.Catrambone@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: icu-pcb-forum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
04/02/2004 11:19 AM
Please respond to
icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[icu-pcb-forum] Allegro Dynamic Shapes - Reduce clearance

All,

I have been working on PSD 15 for a while and
have not find a way to reduce the clearance on a
given shape. Basically I have a 1247 pin BGA with
8 different voltages that require external positive
shapes connecting to them on the bottom side.

In these cases I was able to change the via to
shape clearance to 5 mils to allow shape to flood
around the vias. The dynamic shapes parameter
form only give me the ability to oversize the
clearance not undersize it which I need.

I could add a Constraint Area but I have been
trying to stay away from them because of all
the related problems with using them.

Any ideas.

Thanks in advance,
Mike