[PCB_FORUM] 16.2 Third Party netin rules changed?

  • From: Kathleen Descoteaux <kathy_descoteaux@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 07:45:06 -0400

Hi everyone..

I'm a bit confused with this one. I am trying to load in a third party netlist
into a 16.2 design (upreved from 15.7). The netload is giving me errors
whenever it encounterers a ref des without a function designator.... which
happens many times when a pin of a device is not part of a function like power
and ground pins.

This one is new.. it never happened in the lower revs. Has anyone else
encountered this and any ideas on how to fix it? Here is the error message with
the secret "code":

ERROR(SPMHNI-114): Reference/function designator 'J21' not found, pin ignored.

Thanks..

Kathy Descoteaux

NBS Design

603-682-9228