[PCB_FORUM] Re: 0402 round pads

  • From: Jelena Larsen <jelenal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 17:15:38 -0800

Ah....the luxury of a micro via. If you get a chance look at an XBOX360
motherboard, bottom side under the CPU. An array of 0402 bypass caps side by
side tied to the plane with a standard via 10mil finished drill size. No
tombstone issues. Manufacturing tested. Patented design. Most impressive for a
4 layer board. Oh....the 0402 pads are rectangle. You can find pictures of it
on the internet.

Jelena