Re: [icon-users] TW crashing on A9

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:24:17 +0100

In message <cd341e3a4f.Gwyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Gwyn Oakley <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a problem with Techwriter crashing on my A9home and taking the
> computer with it. This happens when certain dialogue boses are used. For
> instance with the tab dialogue box, this opens ok by clicking on a tab
> but then if I try to add a tab filler an error box appears which has no
> content but the word error in the title of the box flickkers. alt-break
> will not clear the problem, nor will escape but control-break will
> reboot the machine.

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this problem here. Adding a tab
filler works fine here on my A9Home. Please try it after a clean boot
and start from an empty document.

> The error log on the A9  gives

> 30 Oct 19:13:25 100   Title    : Error
> 30 Oct 19:13:25 100   Task     : TechWriter
> 30 Oct 19:13:25 100   Message  : Internal error, no stack for trap
> handler: Internal error: abort on data transfer at &03BC4788, pc =
> 03BC4788: registers at 0014A300

The aborting address is in the WindowManager. Not surprisingly, if the
WindowManager is messed up (either because it has got itself into a
mess or because TechWriter has has done something to it), the system
is not likely to be of much use afterwards.

Martin