Re: [icon-users] Saving TW files as pdf problem.

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 20:58:11 +0100

In message <11838132-C4F9-48EF-8C19-198C6CB4F6EF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          John Harbour <jh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks Chris

>         I took a look at the PDF printer, but the Colour box is
> ticked. And indeed, printing direct to PDF doesn‘t lose the colour.
> But the PDF printer only does 3 pages, and is a bit picky, often
> failing due to errors in included draw files, e.g. ”Message from
> Taborca <Error limit check; OffendingCommand: ˜curveto˜>•, where
> saving as /pdf doesn‘t fail. So I am still in trouble.

It is not that "PDF" printer driver that is involved here, but the
PostScript printer driver (which might sometimes disguise itself as a
"PDF" driver, but not the one you are referring to above). You need to
have a PostScript 2 or 3 driver installed in order to be able to use
"Save as PDF" from TechWriter, and "Colour" should be enabled in its
configuration.

In case of doubt, you can always install another PostScript driver and
switch on "Colour" in its configuration (do not forget to "Save
choices" if you want to keep it permanently). TechWriter will use the
configuration of the one that was most recently active, so if you
click on the newly installed driver and then choose "Save as PDF", you
will get a PDF in colour.

Martin