Re: [icon-users] Numbered lists imported from Word (.docx files)

  • From: Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 13:53:52 GMT

On 6 Mar 2015 Brian Howlett  wrote:

> When loaded in to Word, this all displays correctly, in that all the
> list items are numbered as intended, however when loaded in to
> EasiWriter the first 4 or 5 items in the list are not numbered, and
> the numbering usually starts at item 5 or 6.

> It isn't that the numbering starts at 1 - it starts at the correct
> number, and it's just that EasiWriter does not display the numbers for
> the first few items.

I get loads of this, usually affecting section numbering. The
inconsistency is caused by people who haven't a clue how to use
Microsoft Word properly. It's worst when a document created by one
person has been updated by another so different styles are used.
However there is a problem with Easi/TechWriter in that it can't
display some or all automatic numbering in Word, which is frustrating.

Richard

--
Richard Porter                        http://www.minijem.plus.com/
Skype: minijem2                       mailto:ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx