Re: [icon-users] Lorem Ipsum Why? (Was: Quotes problem)

  • From: Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 13:22:21 +0000 (GMT)

In article <4ff76955b4rh.lists@xxxxxxxxxx>, Russell Hafter - Lists
<rh.lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 31 Oct, Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Snip]

> Sorry, I still do not see the point!

> If someone were sending me a proof, I would want to see my own text in
> it.

Well, that's nice that you have your own text to insert but certainly
when preparing theatre programmes, some actors are notorious for being
slow at providing their 'biog' so it's useful to show them what their
program entry will look like: "Russell has previously appeared in Lorem
ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit..."  Amazing how biogs
will appear swiftly after that.  :-)

> I can see Martin's point, just about, but then, as he says, he is not a
> normal user.
> :-)

Then I'm not either, and no bow-tie!  ;-)

--
Tim Hill,

www.timil.com