Re: [icon-users] Gremlin document

  • From: Chris Terran <chris.terranova@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:15:27 GMT

In message <db9f939589b1af7091a66b3d99a2f661f9028770@localhost>
          Mike Hobbs <mike.hobbs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> The precise actions that caused the problem are not known (as
> my wife doesn't know what she's doing!) From what I can gather it
> seems the error usually occurred when she was deleting spaces
> and/or tabs and possibly when this was near to a page break.

I too have similar problems, not reliably repeatable unfortunately.

I also suspect that corruption tends to occur when deleting white
space at or near page breaks or near the end of a document. I've
usually found that doing a bit more editing appears to correct
whatever the problem is, allowing normal saving.

> It all started happening after I had shown her how to position
> text using tabs rather than multiple spaces.

I always use tabs, so I can't tell if that's relevant.

Best, Chris

--
*** Chris & Lee's Photodesk tutorials, tips and resources
*** http://www.photodesk.iconbar.com *** New tiles!