Re: [icon-users] EasiWriter bug?

  • From: John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 19:39:26 +0100

> In an EasiWriter document find and replace operation I ask for 'Heroes'
> to be replaced with Hereos (without quotes). When I Select Find I am
> told "Hereos" cannot be found. That is EW has changed ' into ".

Find works OK here with both single and double quotes.  Some thoughts:

Is your spelling correct?  (In your example, it differs.)

Have you got smart quotes on?  If the source text doesn't use smart
characters but the search does (or vice versa) then things might not match.

Regards

--
John Harrison
Website http://jaharrison.me.uk