Re: [icon-users] Document vanishes

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 22:57:15 +0100

In article <3dda7e8952.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin Wuerthner
<lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <528934afferiscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Richard Ashbery
>           <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > What is going on here please:

> > Select some text (example - test) Click Menu button over
> > document. Slide pointer over Search > Add bookmark > test.
> > Adjust-click on test and document vanishes leaving only menus and
> > tool bar visible. The problem is intermittent.

> I have never heard of such behaviour before, and it is highly
> unlikely that EasiWriter itself would ever close its main window
> without closing the associated toolbar.

I'm sorry Martin - my reporting was in error - you were correct in
that the document didn't close - The window underwent "extreme
compression" leaving only the window furniture tools - Back, Close,
Iconise and Toggle size icons visible in the bottom-left-hand corner
above the iconbar - I just didn't see it when I first reported the
fault. Clicking on the Toggle size icon re-displayed the document
window.

> At a guess, you have some
> third-party desktop utility that interferes.

> One way such a utility could work is via a filter. Check the output
> of *Filters for entries that apply to "EasiWriter" or "All tasks".

Many thanks Martin - you're a genius. I've never really used *Filters
before - it seems an excellent troubleshooting aid. After a process of
elimination IClear (V 1.33) was responsible for causing my problem.

I don't suppose there is a substitute as I find IClear extremely
useful.

Thanks again Martin

Richard