[icon-users] Wish list - structure view width

  • From: John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Icon users <icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 15:04:08 +0000 (GMT)

Am I the only one who finds the width of the structure view unduly
limiting?

By default it is 350 pixels wide. It can be made narrower but not wider.
I have often wanted to adjust it wider but just had an extreme case.

I am writing a series of articles with each article as a chapter. The
Chapter heading includes the series title as well as the individual article
title, for example:

Decisions, decisions: 1 What's it all about
Decisions, decisions: 2 Lines in the sand
Etc ...

If while writing one chapter I want to remind myself what the others are
(to decide whether what I was about to say might fit better somewhere else)
I could scroll back and look for the other headings (probably losing my
place in the process) or I can do CtrlSh-Z to open the structure view that
shows me a concise list of all the headings.

But there is a snag because what I see is so heavily truncated, for
example:

Chapter: Decisions, decisions: 1 Wh...
Chapter: Decisions, decisions: 2 Li...
Etc ...

That's not very helpful.

It would be better if the width of the structure view window, which can
already be re-sized smaller, could also be re-sized larger.

Regards

--
John Harrison
Website http://jaharrison.me.uk