[icon-users] Find/Replace

  • From: John McCartney <j.mccartney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 17:44:40 +0000 (GMT)

I have a document which I am converting from Impression to
TechWriter.

I exported the text with just 'With styles' selected and
dropped it into the open TechWriter window.

Too late! I realise that the double returns I had in the
Impression document manifest as unwanted double returns in
TechWriter.

No problem. Hit F4 and carry out a Find/Replace. Enter @n@n
in the 'Find' field and @n in the 'Replace with' field.

TechWriter reports that it can't find @n@n.

Is there a way of carrying out that substitution without
using a text editor as an intermediate step. I've done this
in the past but would like to do it from within TechWriter.

John

PS Sorry to the Pluto users who see @n@n in red.

--
John McCartney