[icon-discuss] Re: version 1.1 is now available

  • From: Keith Watson <lnxrox@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 09:23:13 -0400

Michael,

If you hit the menu button before selecting the 1.1 for que, read
a few lines, cancel out of it and select the 1.1 it should begin
downloading. That's what I had to do. That said though, mine hits
100% and sits there.

For the sake of the developers here is what I am noticing so far.
After starting the download the tmp directory is created and the
1.1.1.lsi.temp is being created. Once it hits 100% I assume that
it is then moved to the updates directory and renamed. It is my
opinion that this is where the problem is occuring, because while
monitoring the directories before and after the download, and
while still hung the 1.1.1.lsi.temp or the .upd file are no
longer there.

HTH

Keith

--
Among the major impediments to discovery are not the ignorant
but those with illusions of knowledge. - B. Alan Wallace