[icon-discuss] reading on the braille plus

  • From: "Susan Mangis" <susanmangis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 13:20:39 -0700

Good Afternoon,

Sometimes I find that a program seems to get stuck, and I need to go to the
task manager to stop it. The other day I was reading a NLS book on the
Braille Plus running version 1.10 build 37, and when I turned on the unit, I
received the vibration, but no sound. The book wouldn't play. So I had to
stop the program. Then I found that turning off the unit and restarting
usually makes it possible to read from the library menu. When I started the
book, it returned me to the top of the file, not where I left off. I found
my place using the time jump feature since it was a book that had little
navigation ability. I started listening to it, and in five minutes the
machine shut off since no keys had been pressed. The folder hung once again,
and I had to go through the whole process again including finding my place.
This is the first time I had the machine stop during reading.

Sometimes I find that if I close a book it looses my place. Sometimes this
happens when I want to change from one book to another. It's not always
consistent so it's hard to figure out just what's going on. Any thoughts?

Sue Mangis