[icon-discuss] Re: braille plus changes

  • From: Andy <musicproandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: richkar1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 15:52:10 -0400

Hi,

Just want to point out a few things here. If the Facebook support is
going to be rolled out as an update (as things typically are), doesn't
mean you have to use it; just ignore it if you feel that you don't
have a use for it. Others may, and that's fine; everyone is different.

Also wanted to say that the straightforwardness of the interface makes
it a powerful tool indeed.

On 4/20/09, Richard Fiorello <richkar1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi;
> As it currently stands, the unit is fairly easy to operate even for me.
> There isn't the learning curve you have with a pc and screen reader.  Its
> important for some at least to retain that straight forward usability.  The
> idea of adding packages only if they are something that excites you is a
> very good thought.
> I, for example, don't have much interest in face book.  PDF, however, is
> another issue.
> I would probably opt not to install the facebook material while others would
> jump at the chance.
> I'm not certain if one can expect the unit to perform like a full fledged
> pc.  If someone has a pd a will it perform all the functions of their
> computer?
> food for thought on a rainy day.
> Richard

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only.
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to
LevelStar or APH then consider sending your message to
icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx