[icon-discuss] Re: Reflashing deletes podcasts?

  • From: Andy <musicproandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 16:19:04 -0400

Hi,

The reflash, as Jayson rightly stated, basically (as far as I've seen)
erases everything from flash and reinstalls the operating system.
Therefore, any databases must be backed up to external meda or perhaps
the internal 30 GB or 40 GB hard drives itself. Someone said the db
folder on the hard drive has databases, but if those just point to the
ones in flash or if they are backups I haven't found out yet.

So now you might be asking, how does this elate to RSS? The answer is
simple. The RSS reader uses a database so it knows what feeds to get.
Because the reflash erased that database, you will need to go in and
manually add your RSS feeds. The podcasts, to my knowledge, can be
found on the podcasts folder on the hard drive.