[icon-discuss] Re: NLS Key not working

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 07:53:00 -0400

Try rebooting the unit and playing the book again.  Reboot can be
accomplished by holding the star and the pound keys down, and tapping
program 1.  If that fails to resolve your problem, reset the unit  by
removing the cover of the battery compartment, and pressing the reset
button.  The button is located in a little hole.  You'll need a small object
such as the end of an earphone jack to press the indented button.  It will
take a few minutes for the Icon to come back on.  Again, if that fails to
accomplish what you need, you need to try reflashing.  Don't worry, you will
not lose your NLS keys during the reflash.

To be on the safe side, I would recommend that you back up your app settings
by going to the utilities menu and choosing option 7.

The procedure for your unit is probably this:

Be sure that the battery compartment door is open.  Hold the star key for a
few seconds.  Then press the reset button while holding on to the star key.
Let go of the reset button.  Keep on holding on to the star key for a few
more seconds and then let go.  You'll get a few vibration and the unit will
reflash.  It'll take some time so be patient.

See if that resolves the problem.

Regards,

Pratik