[icon-discuss] Improving NLS on Icon and Braille Plus

  • From: Linda Gehres <ljgehres@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Icon and Braille Plus Discussion List <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 16:15:01 -0700

Irwin, I totally agree with you, and that's why I haven't taken the plunge yet
into getting with the
NLS pilot program till this issue is resolved.  Yes, I've seen the new and
improved
Victor Streams, but I think it's absolutely ridiculous to purchase a second
machine in
order to hear computerized NLS books.  I know there's been a lot of comment on
the discussion list about
this issue, and I, too, hope it can be resolved.  I do, however, wonder if part
of the problem is with the
NLS formatting.  Is that formatting just in the development stage, and is NLS
assuming that everyone
interested in reading digital books is going with the Humanware product?  That
doesn't sound fair
to me either, and I gather one cannot just download digital NLS books on
computer.  Hopefully it's
a situation where I'm just confused and don't have all of the information.
But, please, a comment from someone in the
know at Levelstar and or APH would be greatly appreciated.

Linda Gehres