[icon-discuss] Battery life of the Icon handheld unit

  • From: Rob Lambert <rml695@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:47:27 -0700

Someone told me that they are getting 5 hours of battery life with all radios
off on the Icon handheld without the Dock. Is that what others are getting? My
main scenario I'd like to see a positive thing about is this: Let's say you
have a long flight (and I fly across country twice a year and the longer
flights of the two that I usually take to get to my destination last about 5
hours). Will the Icon's battery allow for you to listen to a book for the
entire flight, and still have enough battery life to last a shorter 30 minute
commuter flight before it conks out? Again, this is strictly for the handheld
unit. I know that the manual states up to 8 hours but I'd like to see some
anyone been in the situation that I'm usually in twice a year?

The other season of giving begins 6/24/08. Check out the i’m Talkathon.
http://www.imtalkathon.com?source=TXT_EML_WLH_SeasonOfGiving