[ibis-quality] Re: one liners for error checklist

  • From: "Tom Dagostino" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:49:27 -0700

Bob

Why are were making it impossible for some correct models to pass the check
list?  An ECL model will NEVER have the end points equal to the fixture
voltages! It is proper and good to model LVDS with the fixture voltage at
the common mode voltage.  In many cases CML does not completely turn off the
driver in the high state.

5.3     LEVEL 0 First/last point of waveforms equal to V_fixture values

Minimizing should not be the goal, having the correct timing relations ship
among all the VT curves should be the goal with the VT curves with the least
delay having minimum lead-in.

5.5     LEVEL 1 Minimize waveform lead-in-time

In many cases the buffer that is used for I/O and In are the same cell and
thus could have the same C_comp

5.2     LEVEL 1 C_comp not same value for in and io

How do you determine the number of models from a datasheet?

5.8     LEVEL 1 not Fewer models than in data sheet

Many high power/high frequency packages have back side copper slabs that
must be grounded but are typically not in the pin list.

5.12    LEVEL 1 no Package pins missing

Tom Dagostino
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
503-430-1065