[ibis-quality] Re: one liners for error checklist

  • From: Bob Ross <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ibis-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:21:19 -0700

Eckhard and All:

I agree, we need to make the check off consistent with compliance,
not with failure.

However, the titles need to be cast in a positive manner rather
than in a negative manner.  Here are some suggestions:

Revised( from error list ) 5.1 LEVEL 0 Typ/min/max order of parameters correct 5.2 LEVEL 1 C_comp typ/min/max values consider both Input and I/O modes 5.3 LEVEL 0 First/last point of waveforms equal to V_fixture values 5.4 LEVEL 1 Enough points in waveform or small time-step in waveforms 5.5 LEVEL 1 Minimize waveform lead-in-time 5.6 LEVEL 1 Open_sink/Open_source model with correct Vref, Cref, Rref, Vmeas 5.7 LEVEL 1 Differential models with waveforms 5.8 LEVEL 1 Models correspond to data sheet 5.9 LEVEL 0 Correct model type 5.1 LEVEL 0 Consistency of waveform table 5.11 LEVEL 1 Open_sink/Open_source model not push-pull 5.12 LEVEL 1 Package pins inserted

(change 5.1 to 5.10 in table)

Eckhards suggestions:

                        old     ( from error list )

5.1     LEVEL 0 typ/min/max swizzles of parameters
5.2     LEVEL 1 C_comp same value for in and io
5.3     LEVEL 0 First/last point of waveforms not equal to V_fixture values
5.4     LEVEL 1 Too few points in waveform or time-step in waveforms too big
5.5     LEVEL 1 Minimize waveform lead-in-time
5.6     LEVEL 1 Open-sink model with different Vref,Cref,Rref,Vmeas
5.7     LEVEL 1 Differential models without waveforms
5.8     LEVEL 1 Fewer models than in data sheet
5.9     LEVEL 0 Wrong model type
5.1     LEVEL 0 Inconsistency of waveform table
5.11    LEVEL 1 Open-sink model modeled/measured as push-pull
5.12    LEVEL 1 Package pins missing

                        new     ( negative logic to make the tick )

5.1     LEVEL 0 no typ/min/max swizzles of parameters
5.2     LEVEL 1 C_comp not same value for in and io
5.3     LEVEL 0 First/last point of waveforms are equal to V_fixture values
5.4     LEVEL 1 enough points in waveform or time-step in waveforms too big
5.5     LEVEL 1 Minimized waveform lead-in-time
5.6     LEVEL 1 Open-sink model with different Vref,Cref,Rref,Vmeas
5.7     LEVEL 1 Differential models with waveforms
5.8     LEVEL 1 not Fewer models than in data sheet
5.9     LEVEL 0 no Wrong model type
5.1     LEVEL 0 no Inconsistency of waveform table
5.11    LEVEL 1 Open-sink model not modeled/measured as push-pull
5.12    LEVEL 1 no Package pins missing

---------------

Bob

Lenski Eckhard wrote:

Hello all,

as we talked yesterday, I resend my attachment concerning the one-liners for
the error-section

I see a difference between the titles in the error section and the one-liners from it that appears in the checklist

I think in the one-liners the description should change

( it's something like positive negative  logic )

example:

error list :

typ/min/max swizzles of parameters

one-liner should be :

no min/typ/max swizzles

<<one-liners-for-errors-checklist.xls>>

I tried to change it for all problems in the attached excel-sheet

regards
Eckhard
Eckhard Lenski Phone: 0049 89 722 27776
Siemens AG Fax : 0049 89 722 26879
Email: eckhard.lenski@xxxxxxxxxxx
ICN M&L TDC TC3
Hofmannstr. 51 81359 München
Germany

-- Bob Ross Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC Teraspeed Labs 121 North River Drive 13610 SW Harness Lane Narragansett, RI 02882 Beaverton, OR 97008 503-750-6481 503-430-1065 http://www.teraspeed.com 503-246-8048 Direct bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx