[ibis-quality] Minutes from the 20 Nov 2007 ibis-quality meeting

  • From: "Mike LaBonte (milabont)" <milabont@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:36:14 -0500

Minutes from the 20 Nov 2007 ibis-quality meeting are attached. ARs:

AR: Moshiul add to 5.2.16
AR: Mike mark 5.2.17 for deletion

Mike
Minutes, IBIS Quality Committee

11-12 AM EST (8-9 AM PST)

ROLL CALL
  Adam Tambone
  Barry Katz, SiSoft
  Benny Lazer
  Benjamin P Silva
  Bob Cox, Micron
* Bob Ross, Teraspeed Consulting Group
  Brian Arsenault
* David Banas, Xilinx
* Eckhard Lenski, Nokia Siemens Networks
  Eric Brock
* Guan Tao, Huawei Technologies
  Gregory R Edlund
  Hazem Hegazy
  John Figueroa
  John Angulo, Mentor Graphics
  Katja Koller, Nokia Siemens Networks
  Kevin Fisher
  Kim Helliwell, LSI Logic
  Lance Wang, IOMethodology
  Lynne Green
* Mike LaBonte, Cisco Systems
  Mike Mayer, SiSoft
* Moshiul Haque, Micron Technology
  Peter LaFlamme
  Radovan Vuletic, Qimonda
  Robert Haller, Enterasys
  Roy Leventhal, Leventhal Design & Communications
  Sherif Hammad, Mentor Graphics
  Todd Westerhoff, SiSoft
  Tom Dagostino, Teraspeed Consulting Group
  Kazuyoshi Shoji, Hitachi
  Sadahiro Nonoyama

Everyone in attendance marked by *

NOTE: "AR" = Action Required.

-----------------------MINUTES ---------------------------
Mike LaBonte conducted the meeting.

Call for patent disclosure:

- No one declared a patent.

AR Review:

- Mike mark IQ 5.3.3 for deletion
  - TBD

- Mike unswap "S" & "M" in 5.3.17
  - TBD

- Mike will send link to Arpad's presentation on waveforms for diff pairs
  - TBD, couldn't find it

New items:

- Introduction of Guan Tao:
  - Interested in correlation
  - David and Roy have been working on correlation

- 5.2.9. {LEVEL 3}  [Model Spec] Pulse subparameters complete:
  - Bob: Pulse sub-params had something to do with stored charge
    - Motorola had asked for it
  - We could not think of any common technology that would need Pulse
  - We voted to drop 5.2.9, 5.2.10, 5.2.11, and 5.2.12

- 5.2.13. {LEVEL 2}  [Model Spec] S_Overshoot subparameters complete:
  - Mike: these are more commonly used
  - Could apply absolute maximum voltages as default
  - Moshiul: dynamic is sometimes
  - Moshiul: There is a new BIRD about this
    - Mike read text of BIRD 103.1
    - This BIRD is for dynamic overshoot

- 5.2.14. {LEVEL 2}  [Model Spec] S_Overshoot subparameters match data sheet:
  - This should be easy, because all datasheets have "Absolute Maximum" limits.

- 5.2.15. {LEVEL 2}  [Model Spec] S_Overshoot subparameters track typ/min/max:
  - Moshiul: not always
    - Sometimes relative to a voltage other than VCC
    - Maybe not be a typical limit
      - Bob: each limit presume some VCC value
      - IBIS does not allow typ to be absent
  - Moshiul: do any tools use this?
    - Some do
  - Mike: can the low limit be tighter for max corner?
    - Bob: possible but unlikely

- 5.2.16. {LEVEL 3}  [Model Spec] D_Overshoot subparameters complete:
  - David: are these really level 3?
  - We voted to change 16 & 17 to level 2
  - Mike: Is there another name commonly used for this?
  - Bob: This keyword is not perfect for DDR2, but can be used.

AR: Moshiul add to 5.2.16

- 5.2.17. {LEVEL 3}  [Model Spec] D_Overshoot subparams exceed S_Overshoot:
  - IBISCHK catches this
  - David: Do we give information on IBISCHK versions?
    - Mike: IQ calls for using the latest
      - David: available models are not checked with the latest
      - See 1.1.2 below
  - We agreed to delete this check

AR: Mike mark 5.2.17 for deletion

- 1.1.2. IQ1  Passes IBISCHK:
  - Bob: it should be 4.2.2 or greater
  - Mike: IBISCHK 4.2.2 should not cause problems for files that pass 3.2.9
    - Non-monotonic checks will come out different
  - Bob 3.2.9 was probably specified years ago, when it was current
  - We will revisit this befoe releasing the spec

Bob complimented Moshiul and Micron for implementing IQ:
- They also publish documents regarding quality practices
- Moshiul can send links

Next meeting:

11-12 AM EST (8-9 AM PST)
Phone: 1.877.384.0543 or 1.800.743.7560