[ibis-quality] Minutes, IBIS Quality Teleconference, July 12, 2005

  • From: Robert Haller <rhaller@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ibis-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:31:35 -0400

Kazuyoshi Shoji
Sadahiro Nonoyama

Everyone in attendance marked by  *

NOTE: "AR" = Action Required.

-----------------------MINUTES ---------------------------
Bob Haller conducted the meeting.

- Review of minutes for June 7, 2005

Minutes approved with no changes

- Announcements - EIA Call for Patent Disclosure:

No company declared a patent

- AR Review

AR: Mike to rewrite wording of 4.3.4 these are not consistent - Done

- Opens for new items
Eckhard requested discussion on DDR2 ODT - We have described the on-die-termination as follows:

4.3.14 {LEVEL 1}  On-die termination modeling documented
 Any IBIS models with on-die termination should be labeled as such
 using comment lines.  On die termination should be modeled in [Power
 Clamp] and/or [GND Clamp] tables.  Document the method used to embed
 the termination into the clamps.

But what happens, when we have an on-die-termination, which can be non-driving /driving only ?? ( e.g. DDR2 with ODT ) Eckhard thinks we need a submodel, because if you put it in the clamps, it will always be there.

Reviewed wording - it is appropriate for Static always present terminations. but dynamic termination
might be better served by Sub model. Unfortuntley some simulators do not properly support submodel

The team agreed that we need to add the static always present wording, and additionally caution/documentation
may be required for dynamic termination.

- Review of draft parser bug report
- Choose representative warning candidate for parser bug report

Preliminary list of IBIS parser cautions, draft parser bug report

http://www.sisoft.com/ibis-quality/docs/caution.txt
http://www.sisoft.com/ibis-quality/docs/bugxx_caution.txt

Proposal to submit overshoot (4.2.13). This may be controversial because a lot of IBIS models
do not have Overshoot specified, but most data sheets do have it specified (maby it should be a warning?). Alternate proposal was to submit 4.2.3 vinl and vinh enclose Vmeas
This is a good representative check for the caution and consensus by team to use that as 1st caution submission.

reviewed wording of bugxx_caution.txt - minor editorial changes recommended
Goal is to submit parser bug for representative caution to IBIS open forum,
then prioritize and submit high priority ones. We will have to create test case
ibis files for each submission

AR: Bob H. to update wording ot 4.3.13 (ODT)
AR: Bob H. to update Bugxx_caution.txt
AR: Bob H to provide Mike generic .ibs file for test case AR: Mike to generate test case .ibs

Next meeting: August 2, 2005 11-12 AM EST (8-9 AM PST) Phone: 408-902-7868 or 866-902-7868 Meeting access: 42477825

Meeting ended at 12:00 PM Eastern Time.

--
Robert J. Haller (rhaller@xxxxxxxxxx)
Principal Consultant