[ibis-quality] AW: Proposed topic of discussion

  • From: "Lenski, Eckhard (NSN - DE/Munich)" <eckhard.lenski@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 09:06:07 +0100

Hello David,

from my point of view you are right.
Vinl and vinh  are worst case in datasheet.

But that is why we (NSN ) are putting more realistic values in the models (
like the params from micron or xilinx )

First these parameters vinl and vinh  are for the whole datasheet range (
normaly vcc +-10% )

The models we are using are at vcc +-5%.

So if we would use datasheet parameters, we would do to much worst case
simulations
( e.g. propagation delays from driver out to receiver in ( for a simple
point-to-point connection ) would result in
timing form driver to receiver:
  REC vinl 0.8V  :   2.1ns
  REC vinh 2.0V :  2.8ns

using more realistic params
  REC vinl 1.0V :   2.4ns
  REC vinh1.8V :  2.7ns

so I will win 300ps / 100ps   )

please see attached picture

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards / Cordiali saluti / ystävällisin
terveisin

Eckhard Lenski

Nokia Siemens Networks GmbH & Co. KG

COO RA RD BTS HW GERAN BTS&NB&CP Dev SDE

CAE libraries and models
Balanstr. 59

81541 München
Germany
phone : +49 89 636 79002
fax : +49 89 636 78895
email: eckhard.lenski@xxxxxxx

Nokia Siemens Networks GmbH & Co. KG

Sitz der Gesellschaft: München / Registered office: Munich

Registergericht: München / Commercial registry: Munich, HRA 88537

WEEE-Reg.-Nr.: DE 52984304

Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin / General Partner: Nokia Siemens Networks
Management GmbH

Geschäftsleitung / Board of Directors: Lydia Sommer, Olaf Horsthemke

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats / Chairman of supervisory board: Lauri Kivinen

Sitz der Gesellschaft: München / Registered office: Munich

Registergericht: München / Commercial registry: Munich, HRB 163416