[ibis-macro] questions for 29 nov 2005 ibis-macro meeting

  • From: "Shangli Wu" <shangliw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 09:49:18 -0500

Dear all,

I would like to bring up two questions about Arpad's module to today's
meeting.
1) In IBIS_VCVS_ABS and IBIS_CCVS_ABS, voltages are defined as
Scale*abs(V(in)) or Scale*abs(I(in)). So the derivative of function is
not a smooth function but a step function, which might cause converge
problem for analog simulator. It might be better to smooth those
functions using slew filter in VerilogA.

2) In IBIS_VCVS_DIV and IBIS_CCVS_DIV, voltages are jump from some
values to 1.0e+15 (for V(in2) or I(in2) equal to zero). This is another
type of discontinuity which cause simulator converge issue.

In my opinion, both cases might be general problems for all analog
simulators. I'd like to hear comments from all of you.

Thanks

Shangli Wu