[ibis-macro] Re: question about string parameter in AMI

  • From: Bob Ross <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fangyi_rao@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 21:20:58 -0800

Fangyi:

Are you referring to just the DLL to EDA tool interface?

In Section 10, I find

| 8. Parameter values can be expressed either as a string literal, decimal
|    number or in the standard ANCI ?C? notation for floating point numbers
|    (e.g., 2.0e-9).  String literal values are delimited using a double
|    quote (") and no double quotes are allowed inside the string literals.

Even though the parameter tree syntax is a string interface, I would
interpret that to mean that anything of Type String is formatted with
double quotes, as stated above.

------

The .ami file has a different syntax, and its rules are still under consideration. The current document states:

     .... String
|     literals begin and end with a double quote (") and no double quotes are
|     allowed inside the string literals.

This rule may not be fully checked by the current parser since it is not
clear whether the contents of the AMI file must even have a consistent
Type or whether the Type directive is for EDA tool re-formatting.

In my opinion, always using " " is the safest and simplist interpretation.

Bob

Walter Katz wrote:
Fangyi,

In the current standard it need to be (param_name  ?param_value?).

303.449-2308

Mobile 720.333-1107

wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx

www.sisoft.com