[ibis-macro] Re: Table Clarification BIRD

  • From: Ambrish Varma <ambrishv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: IBIS-ATM <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 10:44:12 -0700

Walter,
I was going through your Table BIRD and found this example and the
AMI_parameters_in string on the last page:

"(fwd (Usage In) (Type Float)
     (Table
        (-0.169324  1.40308   0.33024 )
        (-0.738358 -0.293473 -0.06912 )
      )
)

The simulator shall include fwd in the AMI_parameters_in strings as:

(my_root ...  (fwd (-0.169324  1.40308   0.33024 )
                     (-0.738358 -0.293473 -0.06912 )
                )
)"

I noticed that there are no row names for the 2 rows in the table.
I was going through your mail from earlier (attached) where you point out the
rules in the IBIS spec (pages 186/187) and say that

"
Note 2. above:

| 2. Parameter name/value pairs are always enclosed in parentheses, with the
|    value separated from the name by white space.
The following example that you propose for multi-row tables violates this rule:
(name (a11 a12 a13) (b11 b12 b13))
"

Is this inconsistent with the rules in the spec? Or am I mistaken?

Thanks,
Ambrish.

[cid:image002.gif@01CBEA29.8F2E8360]

Ambrish Varma   |  Member of Consulting Staff

P: 978.262.6431   www.cadence.com<http://www.cadence.com>

________________________________
  • From: "wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ckumar <ckumar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 13:41:27 -0700
Kumar,

From pages 186/187 of IBIS 5.0

| The syntax for this string is:
|
| 1. Neither names nor individual values can contain white space characters.
| 2. Parameter name/value pairs are always enclosed in parentheses, with the
|    value separated from the name by white space.
| 3. A parameter value in a name/value pair can be either a single value or a
|    list of values separated by whitespace.
| 4. Parameter name/value pairs can be grouped together into parameter groups
|    by starting with an open parenthesis followed by the group name followed
|    by the concatenation of one or more name/value pairs followed by a close
|    parenthesis.
| 5. Parameter name/values pairs and parameter groups can be freely
|    intermixed inside a parameter group.
| 6. The top level parameter string must be a parameter group.
| 7. White space is ignored, except as a delimiter between the parameter name
|    and value.
| 8. Parameter values can be expressed either as a string literal, decimal
|    number or in the standard ANCI 'C' notation for floating point numbers
|    (e.g., 2.0e-9).  String literal values are delimited using a double
|    quote (") and no double quotes are allowed inside the string literals.
| 9. A parameter can be assigned an array of values by enclosing the
|    parameter name and the array of values inside a single set of
|    parentheses, with the parameter name and the individual values all
|    separated by white space.

Note 2. above:

| 2. Parameter name/value pairs are always enclosed in parentheses, with the
|    value separated from the name by white space.

The following (from Ambrish and Ken) follow this rule:
(abc 10.1 20.2 30.3 )

The following example that you propose for multi-row tables violates this rule:
(name (a11 a12 a13) (b11 b12 b13))

303.449-2308
Mobile 303.883-2120
wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx