[ibis-macro] Question about Rx_Receiver_Sensitivity

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'IBIS-ATM' <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 16:04:42 +0000

Hello Everyone,

We ran into an Rx AMI model which produces an output
from its GetWave function that is not centered around
the horizontal axis.  This raises a question about
Rx_Receiver_Sensitivity which defines an offset around
a threshold line.

Is the threshold assumed to be 0 V, i.e. the horizontal
axis, or can it be anything?  If it is anything, how do
we know what it is?  I didn't find a definition for this
in the specification.  Am I missing something?

This is problematic, because if the model doesn't return
clock ticks, the EDA vendor would not know where the
threshold crossings really are.

It seems that we need to write a BIRD to define this
threshold level, or state that it is assumed to be zero.

Any comments, suggestions?