[ibis-macro] FW: Revisiting IBISCHK5 comments...

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 07:38:01 -0700

Hello everyone,

I gave Mike and Bob a little homework to find out what the issues
or questions were regarding rows 21-25 in our Task List spreadsheet.
Mike wrote an email to our parser developer and received the
response below.  I would like to discuss these topics in the
ATM teleconference today, so I would like to encourage everyone
to take a look at them before the meeting if possible.

Hello Mike

Here is what I can recollect. If you need further clarifications, please
let me know.

atul

1)      As per the specification, the syntax for a leaf is

<leaf>:
( <parameter name> whitespace <value list> )

However, a Table format as documented, has leaf nodes which look  like
(-50 -0.1 1e-35).

In such leaves, the first value will be treated as a name (string ).

Perhaps it is better to change such lines to

(Row -50 -0.1 1e-35)

This is now consistent with a leaf node spec.

2)      The AMI BNF in the spec is as follows:

| <tree>:

|       <branch>

|     <branch>:

|       ( <branch name> <leaf list> )

|     <leaf list>:

|       <branch>

|       <leaf>

|       <leaf list> <branch>

|       <leaf list> <leaf>

|     <leaf>:

|       ( <parameter name> whitespace <value list> )

As per the above BNF, the Format = Table syntax is invalid.

(Format Table

        (Labels Row_No Time Probability)

        (-5  -5e-12  1e-10)

        (-4  -4e-12  3e-7)

        (4    4e-12  3e-7)

        (5    5e-12  1e-10)

)

Instead of the Table keyword, a list is expected instead as per the
spec.

If the table syntax is changed to the following, then it is consistent
with the spec.

(Format (Table

             (Labels Row_No Time Probability)

             (-5  -5e-12  1e-10)

             (-4  -4e-12  3e-7)

             (4    4e-12  3e-7)

             (5    5e-12  1e-10)

)

   )

3)      As per the spec:

The following reserved parameters are used by the EDA tool

|              and are required if the [Algorithmic Model] keyword is

|              present.  The entries following the reserved parameters

|              points to its usage, type and default value.  All
reserved

|              parameters must be in the following format:

|              (parameter_name (Usage <usage>)(Type <data_type>)

|                              (Default <values>) (Description
<string>))

However, further down we find in the spec, that Default is NA ( which
makes sense since the parameter is required)

| | Reserved Parameter      | Required   Default     | Info In Out InOut
|

| | Init Returns Impulse    |    Yes        NA       |  X
|

| | GetWave Exists          |    Yes        NA       |  X

And the table further down implies that the Format must be specified and
must be of format type "Value"

|                           |              Data Format              |

| ===================================================================

| | Reserved Parameter      | V | R | C | L | I | S | G | D | D | T |

| |                         | a | a | o | i | n | t | a | u | j | a |

| |                         | l | n | r | s | c | e | u | a | R | b |

| |                         | u | g | n | t | r | p | s | l | j | l |

| |                         | e | e | e |   |   | s |   | D |   | e |

| +-------------------------+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+

| | Init Returns Impulse    | X                                     |

| | GetWave Exists          | X                                     |

The example in the spec is

    (Init_Returns_Impulse (Usage Info) (Type Boolean)(Default True))

    (GetWave_Exists (Usage Info) (Type Boolean) (Default True))

4)      The spec does not clearly spell out the relationship between
Type and Format (the allowable possible combinations)

For example,

if Type = Tap .. what are the allowable Formats ?

Is it OK to use Corner Format with String type ?

How is UI different from Float ?