[ibis-macro] Re: Cross talk columns in impulse_matrix

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 08:24:27 -0800

Ken,

You are making a good point.  The question is how
the impulse_matrix is assembled.  If the tool just
takes the modified main response from Tx1, Tx2,
Tx4, Tx5 and puts that into the crosstalk columns
for the victim's impulse_matrix then we can say that
the Tx Init function should not be allowed to modify
any of the crosstalk columns.  And I agree that we
should probably mention this approach somewhere in
the spec.

On the other hand, on the Rx3 side the Rx Init should
still be allowed to change the crosstalk columns in
this impulse_matrix, correct?  So the spec should be
changed to allow for that.  Do you agree?

Regarding crosstalk cancellation, I am not quite sure
how that would work yet in terms of AMI.  But this
looks like a new feature, not a specification correction,
so I would think that we should not be concerned about it
for IBIS v5.1.