[ibis-macro] Re: AMI compliance > Samples_Per_Bit

  • From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Ken Willis'" <kwillis@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'IBIS-ATM'" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 10:34:39 -0400 (EDT)

Ken,

I would not abject if the IBIS-ATM committee votes to remove
Samples_Per_Bit from BIRD 121. We put his in BIRD 121 because certain IC
Vendors wrote models that would not work properly unless they were given
data with a specific number of Samples Per Bit (32 for the following
comments).

In order for IC Vendors to create compliant models, they will need to
rewrite their algorithms, or convert the data on input to 32 samples per
bit, and convert it back on output.

Walter