[ibis-macro] Re: A question about Range

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 11:31:37 -0700

Walter,

Whether you used the words "Value", "Entry" and "Set" carefully

or not is not the problem.  The problem is that you didn't

define them and they can mean different things to different

readers.

Take Lottery for example.  Let's say there are 49 numbers on a

ticket.  What is a "Set" in your mind?  Is it the 49 numbers on

the ticket, or the five that the player is allowed to pick and

submit?

Based on "What I mean by "set" is the space of allowed values for a
parameter.",

it seems that you would consider the 49 Lottery numbers to be

the "Set".

From "In the case of Rx_Receiver_Sensitivity an Entry consist of one
Value. In the

case of Gaussian an Entry consist of two numbers. In the case of Table
an Entry consists

of Number_of_Rows*Number_of_Columns Values.", I would conclude that

you consider "Entry" the five Lottery numbers the player is

allowed to submit.

But I get totally confused when you say "'set contains one entry'

means that there is only one element in the set" because as far

as I can tell, by the above "definition", sets do not contain

entries.  Sets contain elements from which an entry can be

composed by the Lottery player (or EDA tool user) where the

"Entry" may be a single or multiple element "Entry".

My understanding of your explanations so far may be completely

off the wall, but based on the way I understand you,

"Set contains one entry" in the table below is meaningless to me.

Could you please clarify what you meant?

I used the words Value and Entry very carefully. In the case of
Rx_Receiver_Sensitivity an Entry consist of one Value. In the case of
Gaussian an Entry consist of two numbers. In the case of Table an Entry
consists of Number_of_Rows*Number_of_Columns Values.

Walter