[ibis-editorial] Re: Version 0.130 of IBIS 5.1 draft...

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ibis-editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ibis-editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 17:21:17 +0000

Mike,

You gave me an AR to check the quotes around VHDL-AMS
related text in the draft.  Here is what I found:

The digital signals in VHDL-AMS are std_logic and their
values are enclosed by a single quote (tick) mark,
for example '1'.

So on pg. 93, the 2nd paragraph should have these single
quotes instead of double quotes, like this (in red bold):

The digital ports delivering signals to the AMS model, D_drive, D_enable, and
D_switch, must be
limited to the '1' or '0' states for VHDL-AMS, or, equivalently, to the 1 or 0
states for Verilog-
AMS. The D_receive digital port may only have the '1', '0', or 'X' states in
VHDL-AMS, or,
equivalently, the 1, 0, or X states in Verilog-AMS. All digital ports other
than the foregoing
predefined ports may use any of the logic states allowed by IEEE Std.
1164-1993, or later.

Similarly, on pg. 97-98 and 113-114 there are a few references to digital
states,
which should all be single quoted for VHDL-AMS.

The easiest way to find these is by searching for "0", "1" and "X".

You will find one more reference to digital states on pg. 171 in the AMI
section:

as to whether the data bit is a "1" or a "0").

I don't think this needs to be changed to single quotes,
because this is not a reference to the VHDL-AMS std_logic
value.

That's all I could find on this topic...

Thanks,

Arpad