[ian-reeds-games] version 2

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@freelist" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 18:37:38 -0500

Hi Gang,
Well, I uploaded the new map pack versions. Any map pack I made that has
version 2 after it uses the new script flags that most excellent Craig made.
I made the switch for two reasons. One, cause they are super cool, and two
because some people were having problems with age of warlords running some
maps, and my hope is that the new script flags will be the answer to that
problem.
There is a number of things that should be taken into account. One ist hat
the older map packs should be moved or deleted before putting in any new map
packs either thru the game or manually. This is to avoid mergeing map packs
by accident which could screw the thing up. Secondly,  I am not perfect, and
there may be things I missed. I tested all the maps and didn't get any
errors but please report anything that doesn't work or seems stupid or
whatever. Third, you will need to decide what to do about  all your map
packs, especially from other map pack makers who have not upgraded yet. I
would recommend that if you wish to continue to enjoy both the old and new
scripts version of all map packs that maybe you should make a copy of the TB
game, and keep one for old map packs and one for the new map packs so you
can still enjoy everything. It is what I do, anyway.
I listed the links for my star wars: Between shadows and darkness map pack
and the age of warlords map pack, both version 2, and the link to the
webpage where you can download map packs and more importantly Craig's new
scripts, or you can search for craig's links to his new stuff on the email
list somehow, although I am not certain how to do that. To make sure we are
on the same page, Craig's new scripts are actually script flags which no
longer need the "after applied" and all that stuff.

I am always trying to improve age of warlords, and it is my intention to
replace the old warlords nmap pack with the age of warlords one. So when Ian
, if you read this, I wouldn't mind botht he star wars and the age of
warlords to be put up on the site, and the warlords to be taken down.
Thanks, Ian.

For the age of warlords, I have been trying to get more and more balance
into the game. The beastmaster unit has a new skill called command animal
which can be used to give one of the three creatures he controls an aextra
attack that does maximum damage for that creature. The druid now also has
eagle shape to change into a "sylvan eagle". In either eagle or wolf form
the druid can still cast heal, bless and protect, but can't cast the more
difficult spells until she is in her normal sylvan elf form again.
There is a new addition to the tavern and dungeon. The dwarf boar riders are
a mercenary group that , well, ride giant boars. They wear plate and can
bear great axes while riding, making them seriously dangerous.  They also
got an extra "gore" attack.

The kobolds and bugbears now do not turn into another unit, but toggle teams
to rebellion if beaten too much, and the computer will use the whip on them,
wehre before it would not.
It is still not done. I have to get all the not_useable_on flags set up
right again, but I wanted to put it out there in hopes that I will hear that
the problem with playing the maps are fixed for those who have been wanting
to play them.
Links are below

Age of warlords version 2:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68028683/age%20of%20warlords.zip

star wars shadows and darkness version 2:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68028683/star%20wars%20the%20clone%20war
s%20between%20shadows%20and%20darkness.zip

where the new script flags are:

http://www.blindaudiogames.com/home/mappacks

"The truth will make you free"
Jesus Christ of Nazareth 33AD