[ian-reeds-games] Re: transform problem with 2.0 script flags

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 17:34:28 -0700

Yeah, I'll need to look at that.
Especially if you're getting a message saying you can send details to Microsoft. That means the game is literally crashing without my exception handling being able to stop it. Which I think only happens for stack overflows, out of memory exceptions, and errors that happen in native code, yuck.

I've been sick in bed most of the week and this is the first day I really got on my actual computer. Allan, any instructions and files you can give me to make it as simple as possible for me to sit down and reproduce this bug repeatedly would be very helpful.
I may have a look at it tomorrow.

Thanks guys.

On 12/15/2013 5:01 PM, Craig Brett wrote:
I believe this was the problem you were having before, right? It sounds familiar. Are transforms on other units working?

Ian, I might need you to take a look at this for me if that's ok. It's throwing a TargetInvocationException, as far as I remember. I could be wrong though. I'm not sure what I might have done wrong to cause this, if anything.

Craig

On 15/12/2013 23:43, Allan Thompson wrote:
Hi Craig,
I am not sure what I am sdoing wrong.

I have a skill that has an effect which changes a weer warrior into a weer
wolf.
The effect has a unit and a duration of 3 flag
Then under the |script_flags there is:

Transform_into weer_wolf
Fizzle_sound transform_back.wav

When I try the skill.but when it starts, the game crashes and there is a
message that wants to send info to Microsoft so that they can break it even
more in their next OS, grin.

Thanks for any help,
al

  "The truth will make you free"