[ian-reeds-games] Re: splash damage killing transformed units

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 00:00:00 -0400

Hi Ian,
Thanks for responding.
The map is called test.
I took out the sounds for a quicker download, by the way.
Anyway, directly below the cursor is two siege towers.
They are labeled first and second.

Directly across from  the one labeled first is the  bordered in area where I
have set up in a cross pattern the two protoss units that currently can be
hit by this particular  player unit. I think the marines can hit them too
right now, but there is no marines on the map.

To fire, just hit the A button for  the attacks by the siege towers.
You will notice that the shielded zealots seem to respond correctly to the
splash damage, but the shielded dragoons all seem to get hit twice.
The dragoons will have something like 17 mech health left, when it should
just be the shields are down.

So I am not sure if it is a transformation thing at all, but maybe something
to do with protections or maybe I screwed up somewhere along the way? I just
don't know.

For your reference, the protoss units have two units each. One shielded and
one normal which they can transform back and forth from thru taking damage,
or getting enough energy back in normal mode to reactivate them.

Each unit has an inherits flag, plus a "health protect" for their  two
different health flags.

On top of that, each unit has  a number of attributes that  make them
vulnerable to certain types of damage.

For instance, the  zealots are considered light and biological, so in their
inherits property they lack protections from those two types, making them
vulnerable to weapons that do that type of damage.

Likewise, the dragoon is considered armored and mechanical thus these are
their vulnerabilities.

Lastly, the siege towers do physical and armored damage.

They do 35 physical, and 50 armored.
So the zealots suffer 35 damage alone, but the dragoons suffer the full 85
points.
Now what is starnge is that the zealots have ten shields, which drop them
immediately, but they do not lose health when they transform, but the
dragoons do, so I am wondering if there is something to do with the  damage
or protection? Still, I just am not sure where the problem is.

Thanks man,
The link is below, and I hope I made some kind of sense. The test map should
show you a bit more what I am talking about.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68028683/starcraft%20revolution.zip