[ian-reeds-games] special tiles

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@freelist" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 18:00:29 -0500

Sorry, forgot to mention this...
The special tile made me think that here might be a way to create a terrain
taht could be "marked" with a special flag that would reveal it to be
interesting or special to a rogue or a minesweeper/scanner for ships.

What I am thinking of is a detect traps kind of thing, but I guess the flag
could be named "detectable".
How I see it is a skill would have the flag detect_tile or something similar.
Add a chance to it, maybe put in an exhaustion effect and you got a detect
skill for hidden terrain that can cause damage or activate traps, or even
detectsecret passages.