[ian-reeds-games] age of warlords improvement

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@freelist" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 18:14:36 -0500

Hi Gang,
Thanks to Zak, The weer warrior and undead wraith has gotten a bit of a face
lift.
Now, instead of being forced to hit a skill to change back, the units will
change back automatically once the term of that current change is over. The
weer wolf form now lasts 4 rounds and the wraith 3 rounds in incorporeal
form.

I tried making the axis and allie map a bit easier to deal with. I stopped
the evil races from building anything, and instead just put down the various
buildings  around them, more or less. This seems to work a lot better.

Also the siege engines/artillery have been given a boost. The structure
damage has been increased by two points on both the minimum and maximum
side, effectively raising it two levels of attack damage. My hope is that
the artillery will be a bit more effective for I and also Zak  noted the
pathetic damage, so Kudos to him too for that.

I also thought I would try allowing the religious structures to not only pop
out cleric units, but their paladin type counterparts. This will make the
fights a little more interesting maybe? If anyone tries it and wants to give
me the thoughts on this being a good or bad idea let me know. Game balance
is always so elusive.
I think centaurs now have 2 actions now, and I think that is pretty much it.
Oh, and I am trying to get the tradeing post and upgrades to pop out more
caravans and to let them upgrade a bit faster.

I think I got everything.
Anyway the link is below with the changes. Thanks to Zak again for some
great work!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68028683/age%20of%20warlords.zip

al
"The truth will make you free"