[huskerlug] Re: X11 portforwarding question

  • From: Shane Geiger <sgeiger@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 26 Aug 2002 13:04:42 -0500

Carl,

Compression will reduce the amount of information that has to be passed,
causing the performance of the network to appear to be better.  (However, the
price you pay is additional CPU cycles on both ends.)

What are the symptoms of the problem?  Is it merely the initial connection that
seems to be slow or does the X11 forwarding just generally slow?