[huskerlug] Linux in a Windows domain?

  • From: "Martin Fournier" <martinsky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 13:14:42 -0500

Hi,

I got samba to work on my little network at home and I love it. Each time I
log on on my widows machine, I have my linux drive sitting as a Z drive. Now
what I would like to do, is to configure samba at work. We have a window
server and I would like to access the same drives with my linux box at work
but I don't know if it is possible. When I set up a windows machine, I just
need to add the domain name... but I don't know how to add a domain to a
linux box. Also, I would like to have access to the exchanger server. I know
ximian has a product called Ximian Connector but I feel that $70 is a little
too expensive to check my emails and my calender. Do you guys know of any
other program that would do the same job for free?

Thanks a lot,

Martin