[hllug] Re: Video woes.

  • From: Don Crowder <dondashguitar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 01:04:30 -0600

On 11/16/2012 12:25 AM, hc@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hay Don... I can't help on the prob but man I can sure share your pain over the distro changing thang. Lee got me all checked out on using xranda & managing the xorg & bam the distro grows old & I update & then spend weeks just finding stuf to make settings ect. I really see little improvement to my use perhaps there but of little or no benefit. I went to 12.04 Studio after lots of googing I finally have most of the annoying probs covered I still lose sound randomly & it does not connect to net on boot up so I can't use the auto sys check.

I know one thing is my files are out of control I gotta someday dig into and rearrange them I have nested copies & several entire copies of the 'home directory so although I am backed up my file cabinet is managed by an idiot. Anyway good luck on getting the old cranky to run. Hope you and Lisa stuff yourselves good on Turkey day.

Thanks Herb! We don't feel like we need a special day to be thankful when every day seems such a blessing to us and we eat good pretty much all the time but this is generally the time of year we like to take advantage of HEB specials on turkey and spiral-cut ham to restock our deep freezer for the coming year. :) Turkey is cooked, boned out and put up in eight ounce packages. The spiral cut ham goes into 4 ounce packages, which are just the right size to make two generous sandwiches. I guess when the apocalypse comes and we lose electricity we'll be in a world of hurt. Until then, we're in good shape.

Best regards and Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Don