[hllug] Re: Video woes.

  • From: hc@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 00:25:06 -0600 (CST)

Hay Don... I can't help on the prob but man I can sure share your pain over the
distro changing thang. Lee got me all checked out on using xranda & managing
the xorg & bam the distro grows old & I update & then spend weeks just finding
stuf to make settings ect. I really see little improvement to my use perhaps
there but of little or no benefit. I went to 12.04 Studio after lots of googing
I finally have most of the annoying probs covered I still lose sound randomly &
it does not connect to net on boot up so I can't use the auto sys check.

I know one thing is my files are out of control I gotta someday dig into and
rearrange them I have nested copies & several entire copies of the 'home
directory so although I am backed up my file cabinet is managed by an idiot.
Anyway good luck on getting the old cranky to run. Hope you and Lisa stuff
yourselves good on Turkey day.
hh