[hllug] Re: Texas Linux Fest is this Saturday

  • From: Lee Parmeter <geek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 09:58:19 -0500

On 03/30/2011 09:48 AM, Lee Parmeter wrote:
> On 03/29/2011 11:59 PM, Don Crowder wrote:
>> Is anybody else planning on going to the Texas Linux Fest this Saturday?
>> Lisa and I have read the Sessions list and found that there aren't many of
>> them which we're likely to be interested in (most are far too technical for
>> us) so we're feeling undecided about going.   One or two confederates might
>> give us more incentive.  :)   Anybody?
>>
>> Don
>
> I am considering it as the session on PLC's is directly related to what I
> do for a living. I am in negotiation with my wife concerning her presence
> at this event at this time. Her inclusion will require some additional
> stops along the way both coming and going so I would be driving "Ms Daisy"!
>  :)
>
> Would be great to see some fellow HLLUG'ers there!

There are some other good topics like:
=====================================

Intro: How Desktop Linux is Shaping the Future.

Lib-Ray (Free alternative of BLu-Ray)

Virutal Machines Technology (KVM/QEMU)

Beginners Guide to setting up a Web Hosting System.

Learning in the Linux Community

SELinux for Mere Mortals  (This should be good!)

--
Lee Parmeter
http://www.bubbasgeek.com

"When it comes to Vista: just say NO! If you're not ready for Linux, buy a
MAC!" - Lee Parmeter
"God is not a republican or a democrat nor is His government a democracy!"
- Lee Parmeter