[hllug] Re: Texas Linux Fest is this Saturday

  • From: Don Crowder <dondashguitar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 10:34:38 -0500

On 04/01/2011 09:45 AM, Lee Parmeter wrote:
On 03/30/2011 09:58 AM, Lee Parmeter wrote:
On 03/30/2011 09:48 AM, Lee Parmeter wrote:
On 03/29/2011 11:59 PM, Don Crowder wrote:
Is anybody else planning on going to the Texas Linux Fest this Saturday?
Lisa and I have read the Sessions list and found that there aren't many of
them which we're likely to be interested in (most are far too technical for
us) so we're feeling undecided about going.   One or two confederates might
give us more incentive.  :)   Anybody?

Don
I am considering it as the session on PLC's is directly related to what I
do for a living. I am in negotiation with my wife concerning her presence
at this event at this time. Her inclusion will require some additional
stops along the way both coming and going so I would be driving "Ms Daisy"!
  :)

Would be great to see some fellow HLLUG'ers there!

There are some other good topics like:
=====================================

Intro: How Desktop Linux is Shaping the Future.

Lib-Ray (Free alternative of BLu-Ray)

Virutal Machines Technology (KVM/QEMU)

Beginners Guide to setting up a Web Hosting System.

Learning in the Linux Community

SELinux for Mere Mortals  (This should be good!)

I am planning to attend but arrival will be after 1:00pm. Have to do some
chores in the morning; like mow the lawn before the neighbors riot and
there is a lynching

I got a last minute call to play a benefit for a fellow musician. Told them months ago I'd play it but the date hadn't been set. After they set the date they forgot to tell me about it until yesterday.