[hllug] Re: I has been orphaned.

  • From: Don Crowder <donguitar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 14:12:19 -0500

Lee Parmeter wrote:
Don Crowder wrote:
While I wasn't paying attention Etch got retired and Lenny became
stable.  Now I have to either stay with my beloved, but aging favorite
OS or start all over with a new one.  I know, from having accidentally
tried to upgrade Sarge to Etch that a fresh install is the only way to
go but I also know that my video resolution is going to come up at 800 X
600 following the new install (same thing happens with *buntu 8.10/9.04)
and I'm going to have to figure out how to fix that.  I"ve already spent
 a few hours trying to figure it out with no luck at all.  At the same
time, KateOS comes up just fine at 1024 X 768 on a 350 MHz P2 laptop. Go
figure.

Very frustrating.

Have you re-considered trying an upgrade anyway first? You really do not
have anything to lose at this point and it may just work this time!

My Etch machine still works great and is still my primary computer so yes I do have something to lose. I've given up on Sidux so maybe I'll try installing Lenny on my new (to me) machine but I'm going to be very annoyed when I can't get the video resolution to run at 1024 X 768.
--
Don Crowder
http://www.don-guitar.com