[hllug] I has been orphaned.

  • From: Don Crowder <donguitar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: HLLUG <hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 23:37:27 -0500

While I wasn't paying attention Etch got retired and Lenny became stable. Now I have to either stay with my beloved, but aging favorite OS or start all over with a new one. I know, from having accidentally tried to upgrade Sarge to Etch that a fresh install is the only way to go but I also know that my video resolution is going to come up at 800 X 600 following the new install (same thing happens with *buntu 8.10/9.04) and I'm going to have to figure out how to fix that. I"ve already spent a few hours trying to figure it out with no luck at all. At the same time, KateOS comes up just fine at 1024 X 768 on a 350 MHz P2 laptop. Go figure.

Very frustrating.
--
Don Crowder
http://www.don-guitar.com