[hipl-users] code development status review

  • From: Miika Komu <miika@xxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 21:31:10 +0200 (EET)

The HIPL implementation is getting even more stable and new features have
been implemented during the half year period. Here is a summary of the
activies in the code development:

  * Recreation of R1s occurs every minute (Miika)
  * Duplicate packets are handled properly (Miika)
  * Packet retransmission: lost packets are now retransmitted (Miika)
  * hipconf rst all works properly (Miika)
  * IPv4 support (Abi, Andrei, Miika)
  * IPv4 code works now with radvd (Miika, Juha-Matti, Janne)
  * GUI agent (Antti)
  * DNS (AAAA) support (Andrei)
  * Experimental OpenDHT support (Andrei)
  * Code modularization (Tobias)
  * First connection works now (the policy sleep patch)
  * Simple mobility works in the userspace implementation (Diego)
  * HIP daemon moved from kernel to userspace (Teemu, Miika, Diego)
  * HIP aware firewall (Essi)
  * Management interface for the HIP firewall (Juha-Matti)
  * Multiple HI support (Niklas)
  * And a bunch of many bug fixes and some things I forgot to add here :)

Near-term events:

  * Upgrade and interoperate using the latest drafts (Miika)
  * Binary releases (Miika)
  * NAT support (Abi)
  * BEET with pseudoheader options (Diego)
  * HIP socket handler reimplemented (Laura, Tobias, Miika)
  * Opportunistic HIP (Bing)
  * Enhancing the GUI agent (Antti)

Automatically generated Changelog:

  http://infrahip.hiit.fi/hipl/ChangeLog

Bugzilla:

  http://infrahip.hiit.fi/bugzilla

My sincere thanks for the development team for good work! Let's keep
striving for even more stability and even cooler features! And many thanks
for you, dear user, for actively using and experimenting with HIPL
software! Your feedback is most appreciated!

--
Miika Komu              miika@xxxxxx          http://www.iki.fi/miika/